Character Counts at Burley Glenwood. Our staff have enthusiastically launched CHARACTER COUNTS! Hopefully you have heard or seen our “Six Pillars of Character”:
“Gold Slips” are given to students when they are “Caught Being Good,” and the gold slips have been revised to show the six pillars. Staff members circle the character trait that a student has demonstrated to earn the gold slip.
“Student of the Month” assemblies focus on students who demonstrate an identified pillar of character. Staff members appreciate that the recognition for students is meaningful, based on exemplary models of each character trait.
Morning announcements include a character building word of the week.
Student planners focus on character-building themes.
“Social Skills Worksheets” are used to assist students after making poor behavioral decisions. They are being revised to incorporate the pillars of character. Students will be asked to identify which character trait(s) need to be strengthened.
For more information on the "Character Counts" program, visit www.charactercounts.org.
- Be honest.
- Don't lie, cheat, or steal.
- Be someone others can count on.
- Keep your promises.
- Do the right thing.
- Build a good reputation.
- Be loyal.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Accept differences.
- Use good manners.
- Be considerate of the feelings of others.
- Don't threaten, hit, or hurt anyone.
- Solve disagreements by using Kelso skills.
- Always do your best.
- Always try your hardest.
- Do what you are supposed to do.
- Use self control.
- Think before you act.
- Be accountable for your choices and actions.
- Play by the rules.
- Take turns and share.
- Listen to others.
- Don't blame others.
- Be kind.
- Be sensitive to how others feel.
- Use good manners.
- Be forgiving.
- Help others.
- Do your share to make your school a better place.
- Be cooperative.
- Follow rules.
- Respect authority.
- Get involved - protect the environment.